Frequently Asked Questions

Home / Frequently Asked Questions

Forklift training - FAQ

How much do the forklift training courses cost?

All prices are quoted individually. We believe it is our responsibility to ensure that we supply the correct category and level of training – this is best achieved by careful discussion.

How do I book a training course?

Having chosen and discussed the training you require, simply phone, email or use our online form to contact us.

How can I be sure I am booking the correct course?

  • Email us a photo of the lift truck and/or the truck's rated capacity plate
  • Let us know the make and model number of the truck
  • Look at previous certificates

Do you have a local forklift training centre?

The service we offer takes place on your premises. Let us save you time and money travelling to an off-site location to learn on a truck you'll likely never use again.

When do I pay?

We ask for a 25% deposit to secure the days chosen for training and then the balance is due once the training is completed. All certification is sent out after full payment has been cleared.

What forms of payment can I use?

We accept BACS bank transfer and all major credit cards including, Visa/Delta/Electron, MasterCard/Eurocard, Maestro, and American Express. Debit cards (also known as bank cards) are accepted if they have a Visa or MasterCard logo. Credit/Debit card payments can be taken over the phone or online, using our secure PayPal payment gateway.

Will the instructor be accredited with a recognised accreditation body?

Of course! Your instructor will be ITSSAR accredited, please feel free to inspect all documents prior to commencement of training.

Are South Coast Forklift Training insured?

Absolutely! We are fully covered with public liability and professional indemnity insurance.

Who or what is ITSSAR?

ITSSAR is the acronym for the Independent Training Standards Scheme and Register. Founded in 1991; they are one of the four founding members of the Accrediting Bodies Association (ABA), they recognise, approve and accredit a diverse range of courses throughout the UK including construction plant operation, forklift operation, crane operation, lifting, rigging, slinging and signalling.

What do we need to supply to have South Coast Forklift Training visit our site?

A room large enough for students and instructor to work in, sufficient space to carry out practical assessments and testing. Operators will require PPE as per their company’s risk assessments (safety shoes are compulsory).

What happens after the training is finished?

Providing delegates complete the training and assessments to the satisfaction of the instructor they will receive an ITSSAR approved Certificate of Basic Training, an I.D. card with the courses they have been trained and successfully tested on, entry or editing on ITSSAR's TOPS database.

Where can I find your GDPR privacy policy and website terms and conditions?

We have extensive pages devoted to our GDPR privacy policy and website terms and conditions.

The Health and Safety Executive have some more general lift truck frequently asked questions.

Still can't find an answer to your question? Call 01329 729 029 or send an email to

Expert Training Our Customers Love

We look forward to working with you

Rossette Icon

Professional Instruction

ITSSAR accredited courses

Pound Sign Icon

Cost Effective

Premium service for less

Umbrella Icon

Fully Insured

Public liability & indemnity

Ticked Box Icon

Easy Booking

Simple application process

No wonder our clients keep coming back

Feedback from our trainees

"Fun and interesting course, good test to experience."

LW, Exton, Hampshire

"Knowledgeable instructor, friendly guy."

KS, Fareham, Hampshire

"Lots of details provided; plenty of time to practice."

AG, Chessington, Surrey

The Health and Safety at Work Act 1974

It shall be the duty of every employer to ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable, the health, safety and welfare at work of all his employees.